Trust Plextor to be the first to break new ground in the DVD writer market. They've just unveiled their new PX-DB600 which is essentially two slimeline dvd writers combined to fit into a single 5.25" bay, making this solution far more space-efficient when you require a couple of them for various writing tasks like copying discs on the fly etc.
For further details on it have a read of Plextor's announcement here folks.
Proving that two-into-one does go, Plextor announces the first space-saving Slim line optical drive solution for desktop PCs. The compact 'dual-bay' Plextor PX-DB600 enables two optical slim line drives to be positioned into the space of just one 5.25" drive bay - making it ideal for lifestyle chassis and small form factor Media Center PCs.
Developed from their extensive experience in laptop opticals, the dual-layer multi-format (DVD+/-R and DVD-RAM) Plextor PX-608AL and the dual bay PX-DB600 (combined as the PX-DB608AL) enables greater flexibility and convenience for 'small footprint' PC-owners. For example, users can watch a DVD movie while burning other media to disc, and copy discs directly without saving to the hard disk first.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- Mass Effect writer: BioWare's new games are based on market research
- Steam controller going extinct, on sale for $5 now
- Amazon LOTR TV show writer asks public to stop sending audition tapes
- Here's why The Witcher prequel film is animated and not live-action