It has been confirmed that NVIDIA plan to step over the top of their already dominant 8800GTX next month with an even beefier offering dubbed the 8800 Ultra, this to make sure they keep AMD-ATI sweating even though R600 is soon to be launched.
Though the specifications havent been confirmed just yet, the new "Ultra" variant will without doubt run higher clock speeds to that of the GTX, and even with the possibility of featuring GDDR-4 memory for more headroom.
To learn more about it, have a read of this report at NGOHQ folks.
According to several of NVIDIA's partners, NVIDIA is planning to release their GeForce 8800 Ultra together with the soon to be released GeForce 8600 series. The word in the halls is saying that NVIDIA is planning to release several GPU's on the same day. The 8300 GS, 8400 GS, 8500 GT, 8600 GT, 8600 GTS and the new 'monster', the 8800 Ultra. According to the same sources, the GeForce 8800 Ultra will be an overclocked version of the 8800 GTX aimed to deal with the upcoming threat from ATI's R600. The exact specification and technical details are still unknown at this stage. It is known that many of NVIDIA's partners are preparing for a hard launch.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Galaxy S20 Ultra's huge 100X Space Zoom tested by private investigator
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti: June 2020, or earlier?!
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra press render confirm '100x Space Zoom' camera