Super Talent are joining in on the quickly growing solid state storage market with the release of a top to bottom lineup of SSDs using the SATA interface.
Ranging from 16GB through 128GB, these drives come in physical sizes of 1.8", 2.5" and 3.5" depending on the drive's capacity.
You can get all the details on 'em within the official PR here.
This new line of SATA drives is offered in industry standard 1.8-inch, 2.5-inch, and 3.5-inch form factors, making these drives 100% compatible with conventional hard disk drives. However, these products are built with only solid state Flash components. Since they contain no moving parts, SSD drives have the advantage of being far more rugged and reliable than regular hard drives, while using 85% less power. Moreover, because SSD drives are built using Flash technology, they offer sequential transfer speed comparable to magnetic drives and dramatically faster access speed. Super Talent's 1.8-inch SATA drives are offered in up to 32GigaByte capacities; 2.5-inch drives are available in up to 64GigaBytes; and for high capacity requirements Super Talent offers a 128GigaByte 3.5-inch drive.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- Xbox Series X SSD was custom built by Microsoft for speed, flexibility
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- Next-gen Xbox Lockhart has 'significantly less RAM' for 1440p gaming