When it comes to charisma and class with regard to notebooks, who does it best? Why ASUS do of course. Over the past year or so in particular, they've been releasing some awesome looking units such as their Lamborghini and leather-bound models.
But how's this, they've gone to the extent of now producing one made out of bamboo wood! Very classy indeed. Cnet managed to get their mits on the EcoBook and have posted up several nice images showing it off in all its wooden glory.
We've just spent the morning fondling an Asus EcoBook -- the first laptop to feature real bamboo panelling. Yes, bamboo -- the stuff that's gobbled up by pandas and used to construct beach houses in the Maldives.
Making a laptop out of wood doesn't sound all that sane a project, but we should probably get accustomed to this sort of thing -- Asus has already delivered the first leather-bound laptops, and Tulip does a range of crazy laptop skins for its Ego range.
The EcoBook, due to launch next year, is designed to communicate Asus' eco-friendly message. Like it or loathe it, you should check out the world exclusive pictures over the next few pages. -RR
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15: because one screen isn't enough for gaming
- ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha: mobo with 64C/128T chip costs $5000
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro X: 17-inch laptop with Xeon CPU, Quadro GPU
- ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ: 43.4-inch 4K 144Hz with DSC tech
- ASUS Zephyrus G15: first gaming notebook: AMD's Ryzen 7 4800HS teased