An announcement from NVIDIA today highlights the official final-build release of their Gelato 2.1 final-frame rendering software.
This software is designed to be used in conjunction with rendering programs like Maya 8.5 and 3dx Max 9.0 with improved performance all-round. It also allows for better ray-tracing and ambient occlusion, better stereo rendering and fog light support as well as support for Joe Alter's Shave and Haircut hair and fur effects software.
NVIDIA's press release has the full rundown on it.
SANTA CLARA, CA-March 12, 2006- NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today announced the release of NVIDIA® Gelato® 2.1 high-quality, GPU-accelerated rendering software, which now includes support for Joe Alter's Shave and a Haircut software for computer-generated hair and fur effects. Other enhancements in this newest release of Gelato include support for Autodesk® Maya® 8.5 and 3ds Max® 9.0, improved stereo rendering, fog lights, and significant performance improvements.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- AMD TressFX 4.1 tech can now be integrated into Unreal Engine 4.22
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Vulkan and DX12, 40 graphics options to tweak
- NVIDIA multi-GPU checkerboard rendering appears in new GeForce drivers
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10