The coronavirus COVID-19 has caused many people to say in-doors, and with many people at home, forms of entertainment are getting unprecedented amounts of traffic - one of those forms of entertainment is YouTube.
Since people are distancing themselves socially, forms of entertainment such as YouTube are seeing high levels of traffic. It's no surprise that the world's most popular video site is seeing an increase, but now its gotten to a point where YouTube is going to have to decrease video quality globally to just 480p to deal with the increase in overall traffic.
Starting today, YouTube will be reducing every video's automatic quality setting down to 480p. Users can watch videos in higher quality, but they will have to manually change the quality of each video they watch. If you aren't sure how to do this, once you have clicked on a YouTube video, there is a cog icon located in the bottom right-hand side of the video. Click on the cog and select 'quality' then choose the resolution you wish to watch the YouTube video in.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Tech industry leaders issue joint statement over COVID-19 coronavirus
- R.E.M.'s 'It's The End Of The World As We Know It' is back on charts
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- Coronavirus is on your phone, here's how you can clean it properly
- > NEXT STORY: Scientists to use blood from coronavirus COVID-19 patients as a cure
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Pornhub wants you to stay at home and watch Premium videos for free