We are just hours away from Half-Life: Alyx releasing, with Valve unleashing the first new game in the Half-Life universe in 13 years on March 23 -- in VR only.
Valve has now opened up the pre-loading floodgates on the game, with Half-Life: Alyx pre-loading right now on Steam with a download that weighs in at 48GB. The game itself once it is unpacked and installed onto your PC is 67.3GB, which is bloody huge in comparison to the 6.4GB that Half-Life 2 required.
I've written an extensive Half-Life: Alyx Buyers Guide article that covers what PC hardware I recommend, as well as the required VR headsets to run the game since Half-Life: Alyx is a VR-only game.
Half-Life: Alyx unlocks on Steam at March 23 at 10AM PT / 1PM ET.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:34 pm CDT
- Half-Life 4 announced: Valve confirms it cannot count to 3
- Half-Life: Alyx is the best PC game of 2020 on Metacritic
- Is there an Alternate Reality Game hidden inside of Half-Life: Alyx?
- Valve pushes out new Half-Life: Alyx update 1.2, new features and more
- We might see Half-Life: Alyx playable without a VR headset soon
- > NEXT STORY: F1 cancelled, drivers will instead play on the PC and stream online
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Valve boss Gabe Newell was a World of Warcraft gold farmer for a while