Sony is finally revealing key PS5 specs and details today at 12pm EST in a livestream with Mark Cerny, complete with architectural info and much more.
The PS5's enigmatic mystery will be lifted today. The livestream with Cerny should uncover tons of tidbits about the system's software and hardware stack and we'll probably get perf numbers: 8K, 4K 60FPS, 1080p 120FPS, ray tracing, etc. And Cerny should explain how this kind of performance is possible on the system. And storage...hopefully we get info on storage too.
The stream should be roughly 52 minutes long so we could see some game reveals, a big reveal of the system's final consumer design, memory cards (yes, those are back now), and more. Kotaku's Jason Schreier, who has knowledge with the goings-on in the games industry, says spec-hunters will be disappointed. The PS5 may not hit the same TFLOP power as the Xbox Series X.
But if the PS5 is less expensive, that's okay. A $399 PlayStation 5 will conquer next gen.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:34 pm CDT
- PlayStation 5's cooling solution will make you quite happy, Cerny says
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console
- Game devs: Xbox Series X isn't significantly more powerful than PS5
- PlayStation 5's SSD may revolutionize save states with instant launch
- PS5's boost mode is so powerful that some PS4 games can't handle it
- > NEXT STORY: L.A. Noire sequel leaked, likely coming to PS5, Xbox Series X
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Trump to temporarily close US border with Canada due to coronavirus