In a new behind-the-scenes development diary from Cloud Imperium, the developers behind the ambitious Star Citizen, we are introduced to what is called 'Actor Status'.
Star Citizen's developers explain exactly what 'Actor Status' is, and why they are adding it to the game. According to the developers, 'Actor Status' will add a new level of survival mechanics that will force players to regulate multiple aspects of their character. For example, if a player lands on a hot/cold planet, they will be required to equip specific clothing to compensate for that planet's environment.
While that might sound simple, many factors are taken into account to establish the planet and the player's overall temperature. The environment is influenced by weather factors such as wind, humidity, temperature, and more. These aspects then influence the players 'Actor Status', and players can view what is affecting their character through the UI. If players don't correctly compensate for the planets' environmental factors, they will begin to suffer the effects of it. Examples for this can include hyperthermia and hypothermia, which can lead to death.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:34 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.9 has new food, drink, temp survival mechanics
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- > NEXT STORY: Sharp stops TV manufacturing to start producing coronavirus face-masks
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate poll reveals Sora as most-wanted fighter