Another news release has popped up from OCZ this week, they've just unveiled some new 1066MHz memory modules dubbed the "OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Series". The 2GB kit features a sophisticated passive cooling solution they call the "Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) heatspreader", said to provide far better heat dissipation over the traditional heatspreaders we're used to seeing.
Sunnyvale, CA-February 21, 2007-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today unveiled the OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Series. This 2GB dual channel kit features the proprietary OCZ Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) heatspreader, engineered to deliver superior silent heat dissipation over traditional heatspreaders.
The Reaper HPC is an innovative cooling solution developed by OCZ to effectively minimize heat produced by high-speed memory. As heat rises into the thermo-conductive copper heat pipe conduit, it is dissipated through the strategically-placed compact aluminum fin array. By guiding performance-robbing heat away from key memory components, the unique Reaper HPC design helps facilitate improved overclocking performance, while improving longevity and stability of the modules.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- PlayStation 5's cooling solution will make you quite happy, Cerny says
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console