The Division 2 was one of the best-looking games of 2019, but Ubisoft Massive's popular game will most likely not find a new home on the next-gen PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X consoles.
In a recent interview with the Daily Star, Ubisoft Massive Associate Creative Director Yannick Banchereau said: "we are not looking at porting it to new platforms. What I can tell you is that we are not making a specific version for those consoles, we are very much focused on just working on what we have now and making that as good as possible".
We could expect The Division 2 to run on the next-gen PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles, but they might do it through Microsoft and Sony providing backwards compatibility -- and not a newer version of the game tuned specifically for the additional power in the new consoles.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- > NEXT STORY: GeForce NOW losing Activision-Blizzard games was a 'misunderstanding'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: HBO Max trailer teases everything apart from #ReleaseTheSnyderCut