Activision makes good on its promise with content blowouts in Modern Warfare, revealing an absolute metric ton of new goodies coming to the game.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's season 2 content is pretty robust. Most notably we see Ghost returning to the game as a playable operator as well as the classic Rust map, complemented by a slew of new guns, modes, and maps across various gametypes.
There's a marked discrepancy between the free and paid battle passes though, and you'll have to spend 2400 CP ($19.99) on the premium battle pass to unlock Ghost. Other operators are coming to the game too via the Call of Duty Store.
The free battle pass unlockable tiers include two weapons--the Grau 5.56 SMG and the Striker 45--and up to 300 CP, cosmetics, and other riff-raff.
Predictably it's the paid $19.99 battle pass that has all the goods. The premium battle pass has 100 tiers of unlockables, and you get access to Ghost right away alongside a new operator mission. Other goodies include weapon blueprints, XP boosts, new skins and challenges, and a max earnings threshold of 1,300 CP.
Modern Warfare's season 2 goes live on February 11 and includes the following content:
Coming Day 1
- New Multiplayer Maps (Rust, Atlas Superstore)
- New Ground War Map (Zhokov Boneyard)
- New Gunfight Maps (Bazaar + unannounced maps)
- New Weapons (Grau 5.56, Striker 45)
- New Operator (Ghost)
- New Modes (CoD Playlist, Gunfight Tournaments)
- New Multiplayer Map (Khandor Hideout)
- New Operators (Talon, Mace)
- New Multiplayer Modes (Infected Ground War, NVG Reinforce, Gunfight Variants, More)
- New Weapons (unannounced)
New trials + New missions
- Gun Course 3.0
- Clear the Area 2.0
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo explains why the Switch isn't very powerful
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony paid $229 million for Spider-Man developer Insomniac Games