Word has it from the DailyTech that NVIDIA plan to introduce one more variant of their current nForce 600i lineup of Intel based motherboards.
Dubbed the "nForce 680i LT" it will slot between the 680i SLI and 650i SLI. If you've been itching for a top of the line 680i based board but outlaying the big bucks has detered you, then this might be the ideal alternative.
NVIDIA is set to release one more nForce 680i variant that is slightly cheaper than the nForce 680i SLI. The cut-down nForce 680i will carry the nForce 680i LT SLI name and target extreme gamers. NVIDIA will manufacture the nForce 680i LT motherboards for various motherboard manufacturers.
Unlike the heat-pipe endowed nForce 680i SLI motherboards, nForce 680i LT SLI-based motherboards will have active cooling. Instead of support for DDR2-1200 memory, NVIDIA has limited the memory controller to DDR2-800.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- Tech whistleblower: YouTubers paid by NVIDIA for product placement
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti: June 2020, or earlier?!
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus