Out of nowhere it seems that AMD's upcoming flagship X2 CPU (a 3GHz 6000+) has become available on store shelves despite the launch day for this processor having been set for February 20.
The Dailytech have discovered that Newegg have them in stock and ready to ship now for $599, that being cheaper than the lower clocked (2.8GHz) FX-62!
It appears as though the February 20th, 2007 embargo date on Athlon 64 X2 6000+ applies to everyone except DailyTech and Newegg. Details of the last high-end Athlon 64 X2 processor before AMD's next-generation microarchitecture was leaked out DailyTech just a few days ago.
Ryan Shrout tells us that early this morning the retailer began selling the 3.0GHz chip for $599 in-stock, which is actually just under the volume distributor pricing of $607. Buy.com also lists the processor, but for $685 and out of stock.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 now passively cooled, costs $6000
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- AMD's new RDNA 2 graphics cards should beat NVIDIA, until Ampere
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su confirms we'll see 'Big Navi' in 2020