Vista is set for official launch into the mainstream market today, and the Techgage get in early on the mass of coverage soon to hit, as they take a good look at gaming performance with the shiny new OS from Microsoft.
To give you a good idea of how is fares in comparison to that of ye'ole faithful (XP), they've included benchmark results for that in their charts as well.
Gaming. Pastime for some, necessity for others. Yes, gaming is an integral part of everyday life on the PC and Vista promises to be a great OS for the job. Ignoring the fact of future DX10 games, does Vista prove to be a gaming friendly PC today?
I spent a lot of time in Vista Beta 2 last summer and wrote the first part to my performance reports. In that article, I compared both the performance of system benchmarks in addition to games. Needless to say, nobody in the end was impressed with the results. Those doubts could rightfully be pushed aside though, since it was "Beta" operating system we were dealing with. At that time though, it showed us clear as day how far Vista had to go.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- 7 Best PDF Editors for Windows
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more