I had a feeling this was the case. Rumour spread quickly not long ago in relation to Plextor having decided to stop production of what they do best, optical storage. However as per this article over at the DailyTech today, they've confirmed it not to be true.
I'm sure many of you would be glad to hear this, given their solid reputation and quality of their drives.
Plextor LLC today announced it would not exit the optical drive market despite earlier confusion with a press release issued by its parent company, Shinano Kenshi. While Shinano Kenshi announced a new corporate reorganization plan, Plextor optical drives will continually be available in North and South American markets.
Toru Nakazawa, president of Plextor LLC's USA operations stated, "This announcement by Shinano Kenshi will have no material affect on the operations of Plextor LLC, as we already completed a corporate reorganization in North and South America last year. Our business will continue as usual."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- Rumor: Nintendo Direct Nov 13, Crash Bandicoot for Smash Bros Ultimate