The Inquirer have recently found out that AMD/ATI's upcoming R600 GFX weapon will exist in four vastly different flavours, and not surprisingly they will all officially be named the "X2x00 series". Each of the four cards will not only differ in clock speeds but also in physical PCB layouts.
WE MANAGED TO LEARN that the upcoming R600 product exists in four different varieties, and the differences between them aren't small.
Unlike Nvidians and their GeForce 8800GTX/GTS, R600 will offer differentiation for ATI partners, not keeping them as sticker-stampers, as some called their Nvidian counterparts.
We can now share with you that the engineering teams at AMD created four different PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) for the R600 GPU. These each target a different set of customers. The leaked drivers and some marketing documents already call for this generation to be called X2000 series, with devices labelled X2200 and X2400 appearing on the map.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- Xbox Series X games are 'unlike anything you've ever seen before'