PQI have pushed the boundaries of solid-state storage capacity to new levels, having just unveiled a 64GB Serial-ATA solid-state drive. Apparently there's talk of them releasing one with twice the capacity (128GB) later on this year as well, that also being 2.5" in physical size.
More details over at The Dailytech.
While companies like Samsung , SanDisk and RiTek have been touting their 32GB Flash SSDs which feature Parallel ATA (PATA) interfaces, PQI has upstaged the companies by (re)announcing a 64GB Flash SSDs with both PATA and Serial ATA (SATA) interfaces.
We first saw PQI's 64GB Flash SSDs at Computex in June. At the time, PQI said that the drives would be shipping in August. Well, August came and went and not a peep was heard from PQI.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xbox Series X SSDs may use Phison flash controllers
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games