Not long after Seagate announced plans to release a desktop hard drive topping 1TB capacity, Hitachi follow suit with their upcoming Deskstar series 7K1000. They also think there's a good chance it'll be released sometime this quarter, possibly even beating Seagate out.
More info via the DailyTech folks.
Not even hours after Seagate publically announced the company would unveil its 1TB hard drive sometime in the first half of 2007, Hitachi Global Storage has announced its 1TB drive. Like Seagate, Hitachi GST claims the drive will be available in the second quarter of 2007.
The 1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 is just one of the drives in Hitachi's scope for next week's Consumer Electronics Show. The company also announced its 750GB Deskstar 7K750, CinemaStar 7K750 and CinemaStar 7K1000. Hitachi CinemaStar hard drives are specifically designed for digital video players and home-theater PCs.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Sega Saturn devkits cost $77,000 back in 1995
- Half-Life: Alyx is basically practice for more Half-Life games
- Mass Effect wishlist: What we want to see in Mass Effect 5
- Extragalactic stars found from Milky Way's galactic collision course
- Atoms in superposition state can successfully measure Earth's gravity