This was bound to happen sooner or later. A member of the Doom9 DVD conversion forums has just released his first build of "BackupHDDVD", a tool used to decrypt AACS copy protection (found on HD-DVD based movie discs). Just goes to show, no matter how supposedly strong the protection is, it's gonna be cracked eventually.
There is a catch with this however, the program is not able to grab the cryptographic key which is first needed to be able to decrypt the actual movie, you are required to add your own keys once you've determined what they are. Apparently the key is encrypted on the movie disc which when played becomes decrypted somehow, as for being able to obtain that decrypted key for use with BackupHDDVD is anyone's guess just now.
Last updated: Sep 7, 2019 at 02:36 pm CDT
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- Aquaman & Spiderman star Willem Dafoe: superhero movies are 'too long'
- Here's a list of the best Apocalyptic/End of the World movies
- Kojima's films will be short, games are still his core focus
- Hot Wheels unveils RC Tesla Cybertruck, includes cracked window vinyl