Word's quickly flooding the web regarding a dual-GPU X1950 Pro board in the works from Sapphire. This would allow for two cards to be used in tandem (CrossFire mode) for AMD/ATI Quad-GPU goodness. Sapphire plan to call it "The Godfather".
For the full scoop on this beast, head over to the DailyTech.
If waiting for R600 has you down, Sapphire has an upcoming alternative. Early this morning the company internally demonstrated its dual-GPU Radeon X1950 Pro board, dubbed The Godfather. The dual-slot GPU uses two 6-pin power connectors but still fits within the standard 9" riser-board dimensions.
Sapphire representatives tell us the performance of the single card is comparable to two Radeon X1950s in Crossfire mode. The card runs on a single x16 PCIe connector. Both dual-link DVI connectors can be utilized at the same time.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PlayStation 5 to outsell Xbox Series X in 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition teased
- Reggie Fils-Aime won't save Gamestop, but he'll help change it
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X