Good news for those of you yet to pick up your first Core 2 Duo CPU. If you can hold off until the second quarter of next year for an upgrade, it's been made known that Intel plan to drop prices substantially, some chips of which will get a price cut of up to 40% in fact!
In the past, AMD once won the performance battle with Intel by its innovative and excellent processor micro-architecture, and then Intel got back the leadership by the introduction of its new Core architecture. From this history, instead of clock speed and FSB, we know micro-architecture really does matter to the performance race. With improved micro-architecture, AMD will release its next-generation AM2+ processor in Q3 2007, trying to make a fight with Intel Core 2. For this reason, Intel just released the company's plan on Core 2's price cut to maximize its combat efficiency in the battle, in which Intel Core 2 Quad has a noticeable price cut of 40%.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- Justice League Snyder Cut confirmed (again) by Jason Momoa (again)
- Intel's continued reaction to Ryzen: Intel CPU prices to be halved?!
- Subway tweets Zack Snyder about a Justice League sandwich
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA