Futuremark have just been chosen by the Khronos Group to develop the official conformance test suite for the upcoming OpenKODE 1.0 open standard. To get a better idea of what it all means, have a read of the official announcement on Futuremark's website folks.
Khronos' selection of Futuremark was based on the company's expertise in providing performance analysis software and services to the mobile and PC industry over the past nine years. Futuremark has been a contributing member of the Khronos Group for many years and has previously developed benchmarks targeted to measure the performance of devices with software and hardware implementations of the OpenGL® ES API for embedded 3D graphics. These benchmarks include 3DMark®Mobile06 and SPMark04 for evaluating OpenGL ES 1.0 and 1.1 performance and SimulationMark ES 2.0 that licensees can use to measure OpenGL ES 2.0 performance prior to having actual silicon implementations available. Futuremark is also currently working on tools to provide graphics performance evaluation for the OpenVG API that provides hardware acceleration for 2D vector graphics, including the VGMark07 benchmark.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Magic Leap jumps the shark from consumers to businesses
- Panasonic reveals world's first Ultra HD VR glasses with HDR support
- NASA have successfully completed the Mars 2020 rover separation test
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- Scientists design new coronavirus COVID-19 test that is 3 times faster