SanDisk together with Sony have just announced the birth of a new Memory Stick PRO-HG format which existing Memory Stick Pro users will be glad to know is fully compatible and will come with capacities of up to 32GB with better performance to boot!
For full details on it, head over to the DailyTech folks.
Sony and SanDisk, never ones to back down on releasing another memory card format for consumers to use, have taken the wraps off Memory Stick PRO-HG. Luckily for consumers this time around, Memory Stick PRO-HG is compatible with the existing Memory Stick PRO format and will be available in sizes up to 32GB.
Memory Stick PRO-HG is expected to take digital storage to the next level by adding increased performance and large capacities (up to 32GB). Performance has been increased by upping the internal core clock from 40MHz to 60MHz. As a result, the maximum data rate has jumped to 60MB/sec -- three times that of the Memory Stick PRO format. Minimum write speed for Memory Stick PRO-HG media is listed at 15MB/sec.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- A $399 PlayStation 5 will conquer next-gen
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games