Following their success at this year's DreamHack event, Kinc & crotale have another challenge which lies ahead now that Overklokk over at the XtremeSystems Forums has just managed to pull a new 3DMark03 world record of 86,198 points. This was made possible with extreme cascade cooling on a pair of 8800GTX GPUs and Core 2 Extreme CPU.
We spent many hours overclocking during DreamHack and consumed quite a few liters of liquid nitrogen in the meantime. Parallel to our benching Overklokk has set up his cascades and started overclocking. A compressor cascade per card at -80°C and a dual compressor cascade on the processor at -95°C is the least to say an impressive setup. This made it possible for Overklokk to reach 86,198 points in 3DMark 03. The key to the score was that he managed to reach 946MHz on the cores for his XFX 8800 GTX. The processor was running at relatively low 4602MHz, which leaves room for improvements.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- AMD's Ryzen 9 3950X destroys Intel's i9-10980XE in 3DMark Firestrike
- PlayStation game demos are coming back with Sony's ambitious new plan
- AMD's new Ryzen Threadripper 3970X overclocked to 5.72GHz on LN2
- ASRock takes out 5 world records with its TRX40 Taichi motherboard
- Super Mario Legos let you create your own interactive game stages