EA has just detailed the roadmap for content coming to Star Wars: Battlefront II, with a bunch of content dropping into the game before Star Wars: The Rise of the Skywalker releases this year as another money printing machine.
There will be significant changes coming to Battlefront II with one of the most exciting things being 4-player co-op mode that will come in September. In the 4-player online co-op you will "team up with three other players for a large-scale player vs. enemy adventure. You can choose to play as either the Galactic Republic or the Separatist Alliance".
EA details the exciting new co-op mode as a "PvE experience designed for squads of up to four players as they look to progress through objectives. You can choose to play as either the Galactic Republic or the Separatist Alliance and partake in massive battles on all five of our Clone Wars era planets: Kashyyyk, Kamino, Naboo, Geonosis, and Felucia".
Co-op key info:
- PvE Experience
- Players take on both an attacking and defending role
- AI play as attackers or defenders, including reinforcements, vehicles, and heroes(!)
- Play as troopers, reinforcements, vehicles and Heroes
- Available for all Clone Wars era planets to start
Instant Action is also coming back, with earlier Battlefront games having this mode it'll be welcomed in Star Wars Battlefront II. This mode will see players dropped into rounds against AI and AI-controller heroes, where massive battles can take place without the need of going online. This is another great thing to see EA doing with Battlefront II.
Instant action key info:
- Single player large scale combat experience
- Fight to control Command Posts
- You fight alongside AI
- You fight against a team of AI
- The enemy team will be made up of regular troopers, reinforcements, heroes, and vehicles.
- You can spawn on Command Posts using the Contextual Spawn system
- Control a majority of the Command Posts until your team score reaches 100%
- Able to choose to play as either light side or dark side
- Can be played offline, without the need for an internet connection
EA is in the middle of battling its fans between "convenience microtransactions" in Need for Speed Heat, to Apex Legends developer Respawn Entertainment calling its user base "ass-hats" and "freeloaders" forcing its CEO and co-founder to apologize. At least it seems to be doing well with fans and Battlefront II, finally.
Star Wars Battlefront II Content Roadmap
- Separatist Dreadnought and Republic Venator will be playable in Heroes vs. Villains mode. The team has taken areas within both capital ships and turned them into playable locations.
- The Capital Ship phase of Capital Supremacy is being modified so it's more balanced. Completely certain objects now awards you more time.
- Through our new Contextual Spawning system, you'll be able to spawn on dynamic tactical assets, starting with Command Posts in Capital Supremacy and another mode.
- The team is bringing three new appearances for the B1 Battle Droids this month.
- The August update is scheduled for deployment on August 28.
- Felucia is a new large-scale map coming to Star Wars Battlefront II.
- Four-player online co-op is coming in September. You team up with three other players for a large-scale player vs. enemy adventure. You can choose to play as either the Galactic Republic or the Separatist Alliance.
- Instant Action is coming back to the game. It's a single-player, large-scale combat experience where you fight to control Command Posts.
- The deadly Clone Commandos will be added.
- During September, there will be a community challenge that grants you the ability to unlock a highly-requested appearance. It looks like it's Luke Skywalker's look from Star Wars: A New Hope.
- The rest of the year will bring new reinforcements, appearances, and a brand-new front menu system which allows you to play the era of your choosing.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker content is also coming this holiday season.
- >> NEXT STORY: GameStop lays off 120 staff members, 14% off total staff eliminated
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord sticks a landing on Steam, March 2020