Alienware is finally unclassifying its 55-inch 4K 120Hz OLED gaming monitor, with a firm release date of September 30 and a price of $3999.99 -- not bad considering what you're getting.
The new Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Monitor comes in as a large 55-inch TV with native 4K at 120hz with AMD FreeSync, it's backed up by a single DP 1.2 port, 3 x HDMI 2.0 ports, 4 x USB ports, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and SPDIF digital audio out.
The winner here is the use of an OLED panel, which at 55 inches, 4K and 120Hz... it's going to be nothing short of glorious. The only downer here is that it doesn't have HDR, but I'd rather have 55-inch 4K 120Hz and an OLED panel than HDR and a non-OLED display.
Last updated: Aug 20, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- Samsung's next-gen Galaxy S11 rumored to have 120Hz display
- NVIDIA expands BFGD family: 88-inch 4K 120Hz OLED -- oh my goodness
- Samsung Galaxy S20: 120Hz display, but 60Hz by default
- Galaxy S20 will have 120Hz display, but limited to 1080p
- Alienware 25 monitor: 25-inch 1080p at 240Hz with 'Fast IPS' panel
- > NEXT STORY: Crytek now support TESLASUIT full-body haptic feedback in CRYENGINE
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Rare precursor 1939 Porche Type 64 auctioned falsely for $70 million