In a world where technology develops incredibly fast, it is imperative to think about security. Protection from fraudsters trying to gain access to your email, your bank details, and even your own identity is becoming increasingly difficult. Internet users continue to lose data using unsecured networks.
Thanks to the widespread use of Wi-Fi in such public places as hotels, airports, and cafes, you can work and chat wherever you want, but no one promised you that it would be safe. This is especially true for users who prefer to work remotely. Just one mistake can endanger the whole company you work for. Loss of personal data can also turn into big trouble. To avoid these problems, VPN service should be used.
What are Virtual Private Networks, and For What Purpose are They Used?
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a technology that allows you to create a secure connection between the global network and your computer. Instead of directly connecting to the Internet, you connect to your VPN through an Internet provider, and then your VPN connects to the world wide web. This allows you to safely and confidently use the Internet from any location you choose, hiding your actual location and data from the websites you visit.
Using a VPN gives you these benefits:
- Improves your privacy by hiding your real IP address;
- Provides you with secure access to both public and private Wi-Fi connections;
- Gives you access to sites that are inaccessible for geographical reasons;
- Protects relevant confidential data stored on your computer and transmitted by you;
- Encrypts all traffic going to and from your computer, protecting you from those who want to read your correspondence or viewing history.
How to Choose the Best VPN Service
The best VPN services provide a balance between features, server locations, connection protocols, and service prices. Some of them are suitable for simple surfing in the network, and others are focused on circumventing the geographical restrictions on the distribution of content and services.
Here are some essential factors to consider when choosing a VPN:
Privacy and traffic logs
Tariffs and Prices
There are free and paid services. Pay attention to the fact that free VPN providers, besides distracting you while you are online by showing contextual advertising, track your actions. There is a high probability that they will save your online activities in order to adapt the displayed advertisements to you. Moreover, free VPN networks can also sell data to third parties. Their obligations to you regarding confidentiality are usually not high.
- >> NEXT STORY: The Matrix returning to cinemas with Dolby Atmos and Vision
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Tekken 7's entire roster is getting new moves next month