A new lineup of environmentally friendly power supplies has been launched by Antec today. Dubbed the "EarthWatts" series, these power supplies are said to increase power efficiency to 80% over the standard 70 to 75% found with the majority of other PSUs on the market.
For full details on them grab Antec's official announcement.
Fremont, CA - November 20, 2006 - Antec, Inc., the leading global brand of high-performance computer components for the PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, is now shipping EarthWatts, its most environmentally friendly power supply unit (PSU) yet.
EarthWatts allows system builders to do their part for the environment by reducing the amount of energy consumed by computers. The unit allows for this in three vital ways. First, EarthWatts is certified to be 80 PLUS(r) compliant, the newest standard for power supply energy efficiency. The 80 PLUS specification requires computer and server PSUs to be at least 80% efficient at 20%, 50% and 100% rated load ultimately saving users money on their electricity bills, computer reliability and cooling costs.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- Antec reveals slick new Performance P120 Crystal mid-tower case
- PlayStation 5's cooling solution will make you quite happy, Cerny says
- Court stops work on Tesla's 'Gigafactory' over environmental threats
- HBO Max puts a ring on Green Lantern & DC 'Strange Adventures' TV show
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020