AMD/ATI's responding (R600) graphics card family to the new 8800 series from NVIDIA isnt due to be launched for another 2 to 3 months yet, but the Inquirer have managed to source some indefinite details behind the development of this card and it's looking to be one hell of a monster.
ATI'S R600 GPU features a number of innovations and improvements that are interesting, to say the least.
First of all, you need to know that this PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is the most expensive one that the graphics chip firm has ever ordered.
It's a complex 12-layer monster with certain manufacturing novelties used in order to support the requirements of the R600 chip, most notably the 512-bit memory controller and the distribution of power to the components.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- ASRock Radeon RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming: fastest custom RX 5600 XT?
- PowerColor RX 5700 XT Liquid Devil: liquid cooled Navi costs $599
- ASUS teases GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER ROG Strix White graphics card
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- ASRock unleashes its Hyper Quad M.2 PCIe 4.0 expansion card