ASUS have introduced a new DVD Rewriter today with LightScribe direct disc labeling technology. The DRW-1612BL has a max write speed of 16X and carries an RRP of $79AUD.
For more information grab ASUS's PR.
Sydney, Australia; November 15, 2006 - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), a leading provider of high-performance optical drives, today introduces the DRW-1612BL internal DVD rewriter, which incorporates LightScribe direct disc labeling technology. This innovative feature enables images to be burnt onto disc surfaces as labels using the same drive that wrote in the data. The DRW-1612BL provides high-speed 16X DVD +/-write and 8X DVD+/-R (DL), and supports 12X DVD-RAM read and write as well.
Three unique elements are needed to make LightScribe possible: the DRW-1612BL Drive, LightScribe-compatible discs and LightScribe enabled burning software. When data writing is completed, just turn over the disc to burn graphics and text onto the disc surface as label.
To provide LightScribe capability right out of the box, the DRW-1612BL will be bundled with Verbatim LightScribe-compatible discs (1 CD-R and 1 DVD-R) for the first month after official launch.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15: because one screen isn't enough for gaming
- ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha: mobo with 64C/128T chip costs $5000
- ASUS launches new GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6 with 'space-grade lubricant'
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro X: 17-inch laptop with Xeon CPU, Quadro GPU