E3 2019 - During the Nintendo's E3 Direct we learned that the sequel to the critically acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be getting a sequel, but where is the games setting?
According to an interview with Game Informer, Breath of the Wild producer, Eiji Aonuma spoke out about the games location and where players will be adventuring to this time round. Aonuma says that "One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story."
Aonuma also touched on some other aspects of the game, such as confirming that Hidemaro Fujibayashi would be returning to the directional role for the sequel and that players won't need an expansion pack to play the game. Aonuma says "It will be a continuation, and it will be come in full form as it is. *laughs*" "
At the moment there isn't a solid release date of the sequel, nor a name for the title. Regardless though, it's still great to see Nintendo are in development for a Breath of the Wild sequel.
Last updated: Jun 14, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 rumor: not coming in 2020
- Artist creates 3D wooden masterpiece of Zelda: Breath of the Wild map
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild is fully playable in VR on the PC
- Breath of the Wild 2 likely won't release in 2020
- A life-size Zelda: Breath of the Wild weapons stockpile has been made
- > NEXT STORY: PlatinumGames' Director of ASTRAL CHAIN reveals game details
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Jordan Peterson launches censorship free platform Thinkspot