PCIe support finally makes its way to VIA's C7 platform with the introduction of their new CN800 motherboard chipset a short while ago. The chipset supports both x16 and x1 PCIe slots, up to 4GB of DDR or DDR2 memory, two S-ATA and two IDE channels, and also VIA's UniChrome Pro integrated graphics with DVI out.
For full details on it, check out the product page on VIA's website folks.
Designed as a companion chipset for the world's first carbon-free processor, the VIA C7®-D processor, the VIA CN800 digital media IGP chipset offers the latest technology innovations and unmatched power efficiency to enable a new generation of corporate desktop computers.
The VIA CN800 boasts a comprehensive bandwidth efficient feature set including PCI Express and DDR2 support, the VIA UniChrome Pro IGP core with the Chromotion CE video display engine for smooth digital playback, and DuoView+ for multi-screen display.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- AMD Zen 3: 600-series chipset will have USB 4.0 support in late 2020
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- Intel Core i9-10900K: 10C/20T CPU + Z490 platform drops in April 2020
- We might see Half-Life: Alyx playable without a VR headset soon
- Is there an Alternate Reality Game hidden inside of Half-Life: Alyx?