Nintendo announced earlier in the week that they would be bringing out the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate patch, the patch would bring the game to version 3.1.0. That patch has been released and the patch notes are available for dissection.
Patch 3.1.0 has been made live and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players will now have to adapt to a new wave of character adjustments. First off we have major changes in the form of buffs for Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Ken and some other fighters. Nerf wise it seems Nintendo has mainly touched on Peach, Pichu, Daisy and Olimar.
Of course there is many other changes for a large selection of fighters that both nerf and buff characters, as this patch is quite extensive. If you are after a more in-depth analysis of the patch notes, the full list can be found within the entirety of this article. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch.
- You can use the Toy-Con VR Goggles to enjoy Smash in VR mode via the Games & More menu.
- VR mode is a single-player experience only.
- The Toy-Con VR Goggles are sold separately as part of the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit or the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit - Starter Set + Blaster.
- This is shown on Nintendo Labo's page as well: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/labo/with_toy-con/
- FPs can be used in Battle Arenas.
- An option to send amiibo out on journeys has been added, through which FPs go on a journey to train via the internet. You can find it via Games & More → amiibo → Send on a Journey.
- Some of the preferred rules for Quickplay battles have been adjusted.
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- Details of fixes and changes to fighters can be found here.
- >> NEXT STORY: Warhammer Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic DLC releases August
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Death Stranding coming to PC seems like a bed time story