After a few quarters of rather disappointing earnings results, Square Enix needs a win right now. E3 2019 will be that win.
Square Enix is going big at this year's E3 2019. The Japanese games publisher confirmed its plans to show two high profile projects: the hugely anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Crystal Dynamic's new Avengers game.
It's been a while since we've heard about the Avengers project. Originally announced in 2017 as part of Square Enix's new multi-year partnership with Marvel, the game promises an all-original storyline and apparent live service online gaming that can be enjoyed for "years to come".
From the reveal trailer we should expect the Avengers game to be more dramatic and gritty than other Marvel games. No exact details have been announced just yet and we should see gameplay footage and a release window for the project. Square Enix's FY2019 lineup wasn't announced so we don't know how many games the publisher plans to ship this year, but it should try to make up for 2018's lower-than-expected results.
Square Enix's E3 2019 showcase will begin on June 10 at 9PM EST / 6PM PST.
Last updated: Jun 2, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- Final Fantasy game streaming subscription service might happen
- Square Enix teases big next-gen PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X games
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake PS4 timed exclusivity ends in 2021
- The Game Award nominees are officially revealed, who will win GOTY?
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake won't get a PlayStation 5 release
- > NEXT STORY: Game Pass PC could get very messy
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare sounds grim and haunting