Phoenix Labs recently released their new title Dauntless earlier this week, and there is no doubt that the free-to-play title has taken off as an announcement has clocked in the player-base at 5 million.
For those that don't know, Dauntless takes the hunting of monsters, adds a free-to-play element, and allows for players to enjoy the action together across different platforms. Dauntless comes with true cross-play and cross-progression support across Xbox, PS4 and PC. Phoenix Labs are currently working on both a Nintendo Switch and mobile edition of Dauntless, so we can expect that sometime in the future.
Gameplay wise, players will take on the role of a Slayer and be pitted against invading monsters that will require strategic levels of gameplay and immense damage to take down. At the moment many players are reporting that the title is having trouble with matchmaking players together, Phoenix Labs acknowledged this a couple of days ago and is currently working on a resolution to the issue. If you are interested in more information about Dauntless, you can check out the official PC listing for title here.
Last updated: Dec 19, 2019 at 11:01 am CST
- Ultimate Doom game bundle coming to consoles, PC
- Switch cross-save is a prime mover for third-party re-releases
- Pokemon Sword and Shield sold 16 million copies in one month
- Nintendo first-party games make up 75% of all Switch game sales
- Doom Eternal is basically an RPG with tons of upgrades and progression
- > NEXT STORY: 12 minutes of rare behind the scenes Mortal Kombat 1 footage
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Kojima has released a Death Stranding teaser before E3 2019