The DailyTech have just discovered that Microsoft have not only reached Gold status with the development of their new Office 2007 suite, but Vista has also finally reached RTM (release to manufacturing) status as well, essentially the final build which will be used for the retail market.
According to several reports, Microsoft pulled some overtime during the weekend and has finished Windows Vista.
The specific release to manufacturing (RTM) date has been up in the air ever since the release of Windows Vista RC2. Following some showstopping bugs, Microsoft was forced to delay its RTM date two weeks from October 25 to November 8.
Long time Microsoft aficionado Paul Thurrott wrote in a WinInfo update that Windows Vista would be hitting RTM status today, a full two days earlier than anticipated.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- 7 Best PDF Editors for Windows