Our friends at Fast Silicon have just recently had the opportunity to tinker with one of ECS's upcoming Core 2 Duo motherboards for the enthusiast market, this based on Intel's P965 chipset with Viiv certified ICH8DH Digital Home southbridge.
They swear it to be a rock solid gem with good potential for high overclocks (once they get the BIOS tweaked up a bit more) and stacks of features to boot.
The ECS PX1 Extreme is slated to be ECS's top of the line S775 platform board, and from our first impressions with this board we can easily see why. If you're wondering why we aren't doing a full review of the board, it's due to board design changes as they relate to BIOS implementation. ECS has changed the configuration of their board, but apparently as of yet haven't resolved issues with BIOS flashing tools. We're still a bit in the dark on this ourselves and are working with ECS's engineers to resolve this before these boards are available at retail.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Fortnite's drive-in will show an exclusive Episode IX preview
- Death Stranding may be Epic Store exclusive on PC
- ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha: mobo with 64C/128T chip costs $5000
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake has lots of pre-order exclusives