NVIDIA together with TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) are celebrating the shipment of their 500 millionth processor, these comprising NVIDIA GeForce GPUs and nForce MCPs.
SANTA CLARA, CA AND HSINCHU, TAIWAN-OCTOBER 24, 2006-NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Inc. (TSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) today celebrated the shipment of the 500 millionth processor designed by NVIDIA and manufactured by TSMC. These processors--which include NVIDIA GeForce® GPUs (graphics processing units) and NVIDIA nForce® MCPs (media and communications processors)--were created on 2.6 million eight-inch equivalent wafers.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Apple's new iPhone will be powered by A14 chip made on 5nm from TSMC
- TSMC sparks research into materials BEYOND silicon
- TSMC making 5nm ASICs for Bitmain and Canaan in 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Intel's next-gen DG2: 7nm node by TSMC, not Intel's in-house 7nm