One of Tech Report's editors has recently visited Intel's offices in Oregon, and he made sure not to leave empty handed! He was lucky enough to get some details and images of Intel's upcoming Caneland server platform and Tigerton quad-core processor.
These products are still a ways off on its roadmap, but Intel already has working preliminary hardware for its next-gen Caneland server platform and Tigerton quad-core processor. TR editor Geoff Gasior is visiting Intel's offices in Oregon, and he sent along these pictures from a live demo of four Tigerton processors running in a quad-socket, Caneland-based system.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Intel's next-gen DG2: 7nm node by TSMC, not Intel's in-house 7nm
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Intel struggles continue to ryze: Samsung to help Intel make CPUs
- Intel cancels 10nm on desktop, 14nm to hold out until 2022?!
- 14nm shortage is so bad, Intel is reviving a 22nm CPU from 2013