Who would ever have thought..... In response to AMD/ATI having shown a few signs recently that they're actually working on a combined CPU/GPU processor, NVIDIA appear to be working on a similar tech according to the Inquirer. Most would've found it easy to assume Intel would play a role here, but apparently NVIDIA are preparing to go it alone!
WE MANAGED to confirm that Nvidia has started to develop a CPU.
Charlie wrote about the interesting implications of Nvidia's good fortune in acquiring some folk from Stexar, a company that was known for its X86 marchitectural expertise.
And now we hear that development is underway at Nvidia's just-announced Portland, Oregon, Design Center, where chip folk are beaving away on 45 nanometre designs.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- Xbox Series X SSD is revolutionary, changes Xbox gaming forever
- Xbox Series X 4K 60FPS made possible by Zen 2 CPU, says 3D Realms dev
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X