For those of you that rely on onboard sound and have a soft spot for ASUS motherboards, you may be interested to know that ASUS will be sticking to C-Media based audio solutions on all of their motherboards from 2007.
C-Media Electronics and Asustek Computer will extend their partnership with the adoption of C-Media's Dolby/Digital Theater System (DTS) audio IC solutions on Asustek's motherboards from 2007, according to C-Media.
C-Media anticipates that both parties will see benefits from the growing demand for high-end audio solutions in digital home applications.
The audio IC solutions from C-Media will be available only to Asus-brand motherboards and the IC design house will not offer it to other system makers, according to a Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) report, which cited the company.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- Xbox Series X packs dedicated audio hardware acceleration
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased