Looks like the RIAA have had a big effect on Creative in recent times, enough for them to remove FM recording capabilities from their lineup of portable music players from here on. What I find funny is that they've released new firmware updates for existing models with FM recording, which simply disables this feature. Yeah, everyone will be rushing to download it I bet.......
Earlier this year, XM Satellite Radio was handed a lawsuit by the RIAA for allow its subscribers to record satellite radio broadcasts onto portable XM players. XM argued that while users were able to record whatever they pleased, the songs were not transferable and users were not able to move data onto a computer. Despite this important detail, the RIAA pressed forward anyway, indicating that it wanted XM to pay a hefty $150,000 for every song that XM users downloaded.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Halo 6 is fine, 343i says don't worry about development
- Xbox Lockhart going digital-only at launch would be a mistake
- Mike Laidlaw leaves Ubisoft, mystery game's future remains unknown
- Splinter Cell creative director returns to Ubisoft to shape new games
- Google is cutting off support to Google Glass Explorer Edition