ATI have officially unveiled their latest RADEON graphics card today, the X1950 Pro. This is a mid-range solution based on ATI's all-new 80nm "RV570" core. It's priced quite aggressively at $199 and is the first card from ATI to incorporate their CrossFire technology directly onto the GPU, dismissing the need for proprietory CrossFire Edition graphics cards or external dongles.
Reviews can be found at Hardware Secrets, TechArp, Techgage, Technic3D, Overclock3D, MVKTech, PC Perspective, Hot Hardware, Guru3D, RegHardware, LegitReviews, Anandtech, Hexus, The Inquirer, bit-tech, Hardware Zone and Tech Report. I'll add more here as they surface!
SINCE LATE AUGUST, we've been first-person witnesses to the fall parade of video cards. Personally, I've reviewed so many video cards that I'm having trouble separating a GeForce from a Radeon, let alone a GT from a GS or a Pro from, er, an amateur.
Fortunately, the new product ATI is unveiling today brings with it good news in several forms: the Radeon X1950 Pro is a strong new contender at the value-oriented $199 price point, and it's based on a brand-new mid-range GPU. ATI hasn't had the best of luck with mid-range graphics processors, but it looks like that's about to change. What's more, this new graphics processor at long last incorporates CrossFire capability directly into the GPU. Gone are the external dongles and proprietary CrossFire Edition graphics cards, replaced by simple, SLI-like bridge connectors between the cards.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam