Update: Unfortunately the Inquirer were incorrect on this one, the latest has it that DirectX 9.L will merely be an optimized version of DX9 for Vista, whoops :(
Looks like all the upcoming DirectX 10 game titles to start flooding the market following the release of Vista will also be able to run on ye'ole faithful (Windows XP) as well. Microsoft's soon to be released DirectX 9 update will be a renamed/modified DirectX 10 for WinXP.
WE MANAGED TO glean a few facts about the upcoming DirectX 9.0 L we told you about here.
DirectX 9.0 L is simply a renamed and refurbished DirectX 10 for Windows XP. It will make DirectX 10 games to work on Windows XP.
And games such as the upcoming Crysis won't work on the existing DirectX 9.0 c. they need a DirectX 9.0 L
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- 7 Best PDF Editors for Windows