Potentially MASSIVE news is sweeping across the web today, rumour has it that NVIDIA may well be acquired by Intel. Although purely speculative just at the minute, there are several signs to suggest it will be going ahead. As to the implications of such an acquisition in the industry is anyone's guess at this stage.
The DailyTech have the full story, i'll update this posting with more details as they surface.
Reuters speculates Intel is set to acquire NVIDIA. The speculation arose when NVIDIA's shares rose 8% to $30.62 on the NASDAQ. Approximately 20 million shares were traded according to Reuters. Intel representatives declined to comment while NVIDIA representatives were unavailable. Bill Lefkowitz, options strategist, vFinance Investments believes Intel will make the announcement tonight.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- Detroit: Become Human PC specs increased just before its release
- Tech whistleblower: YouTubers paid by NVIDIA for product placement