Firaxis Games has announced that they will be bringing a brand new DLC to Civilization VI and it will be the "largest expansion ever created for a Civilization game."
The update titled 'Gathering Storm' will be adding a number of brand new content that will change the dynamic of the game completely. Gathering Storm will add environmental effects in the form of Volanco's, storms, blizzards, sand storms, tornados, hurricanes, floods, climate change and even droughts.
Other content that is mentioned in the patch notes is the addition of nine new leaders from eight new civilizations. New scenarios will also be added, examples include; 'The Black Death' which will pout your Civilization to the test as your population struggles to survive and all hope seems lost. World Congress has also been added as well as 21st Century Technologies and Civics. For more information regarding the biggest content update to ever come to a Civilization game, visit the official patch summary in the entirety of this post, or visit the official Civilization wesbite patch notes here. Civilization VI: Gathering Storm will be rleeased on February 14th, 2019.
The world around you is more alive than ever in Civilization VI: Gathering Storm, launching Feb 14, 2019 on Windows PC. Learn all about the new content coming in this blog post: https://t.co/EV9cms2Wpp pic.twitter.com/yATvjv33MG— Civilization VI: Gathering Storm (@CivGame) November 20, 2018
- ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS: Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sand storms, tornados, hurricanes), climate change, floods, and droughts.
- POWER AND CONSUMABLE RESOURCES: Strategic resources play an additional role in Gathering Storm. These resources are now consumed in power plants to generate electricity for your cities. Initially you'll be powering your most advanced buildings by burning carbon-based resources like Coal and Oil, but renewable energy sources also unlock as you progress to current-day technologies. Your choices about resource usage will directly affect the world's temperature and can cause melting ice caps and rising sea levels.
- ENGINEERING PROJECTS: Shape the world around your empire to overcome unfavorable land conditions by making improvements like canals, dams, tunnels and railroads. When settling cities, consider the flood risk to coastal lowland areas, but keep in mind that in the late-game, new technologies like Flood Barriers can be used to protect these tiles.
- WORLD CONGRESS: Make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world. Earn Diplomatic Favor through Alliances, influencing city-states, competing in World Games, and more. Use Diplomatic Favor to extract promises from other leaders, vote on Resolutions, call a Special Session to address an emergency, and increase the weight of your votes in your quest to achieve the new Diplomatic Victory.
- 21st CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES & CIVICS: A new era has been added to the Technology and Civics trees. Combat new environmental effects with speculative ideas such as relocating your population out to seasteads and developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions.
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine new leaders from eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of nine unique units, four unique buildings, three unique improvements, two unique districts and one unique governor.
- NEW SCENARIOS:
- The Black Death: The Black Death ravaged Europe and western Asia in the mid-14thcentury, killing a greater share of the population than any other event in world history. The pandemic killed millions, ruined economies, upended political dynasties and transformed the face of the Western world. Your task is to lead your nation through the calamity: keep your population alive, your economy strong, and your faith unshaken amidst a world of terror and desperation.
- War Machine: At the outset of WWI, the German Imperial Army had a daring plan: invade neutral Belgium and then rush the French heartland before they could mobilize to resist. If successful, the German forces would capture Paris within a month and end their resistance forever. In counter, the French command prepared Plan 17, an all-out onslaught designed to meet and stop a German offensive. When war was declared, both armies swung into motion and set up one of the most incredible and shocking military campaigns in world history. In this scenario, players take the side of one of these two great powers at this same precipice. As Germany, your task is to capture Paris. As France, your task is to prevent its capture. The clock is ticking, and the enemy is moving. Advance!
- MORE NEW CONTENT: Seven new world wonders, seven natural wonders, 18 new units, 15 new improvements, 9 new buildings, 5 new districts, 2 new city sets, 9 new techs and 10 new civics have been added.
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Espionage system has been enhanced with new options, the Culture and Science Victories have been updated, new Historic Moments have been added, and additional improvements have been made to other existing systems.
- >> NEXT STORY: BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $52.02
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de