Word over at the Inquirer has it that wireless USB technology has just been provided with a certification and compliance programme so it shouldnt be too long before we start seeing companies adopt the tech for many of their upcoming products.
Wireless USB is meant to be Bluetooth on steroids. It will offer throughput speeds as high as 480 Mbit/s at two to three metres and 110 Mbit/s at ten metres.
Get the full scoop here folks.
WIRELESS USB will mimic the pattern set by the introduction of Bluetooth wireless technology by introducing a certification and compliance programme. The announcement on compliance testing should be made this morning [Tuesday 26th September].
The objective is to provide both device vendors and the general public with some hope that products from different manufacturers will genuinely inter-work.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Corsair's new VOID ELITE and HS PRO headsets rock Discord-ready mic
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- Amazon's 12 Days of Deals: save up to 40% on Anker products today
- Razer unveils new flagship Basilisk Ultimate wireless gaming mouse
- Flash: 150W USB-C power bank, powered by Tesla graphene batteries