The Inquirer have managed to scrape up a couple more details on ATI's upcoming weapon, their R600 GPU. This beastie will apparently boast 64 unified shader units and a core clock of 700MHz+! Its scheduled for arrival sometime in Jan/Feb next yr.
R600 is hot and late. But at least it will have high frequency and a 64 unified Shader units. This means that in the best case scenario you will be able to count on roughly 60 Shaders and some vertex information per clock.
The best thing is the clock claim where ATI hopes to get the final chip at a frequency higher than 700MHz. At this point people don't know the exact frequency as the final silicon is still not out but the estimation targets at more than 700MHz.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- AMD's Ryzen 9 3950X destroys Intel's i9-10980XE in 3DMark Firestrike
- Intel Core i9-10900: 10C/20T at 5.1GHz coming on 14nm+++ in 2020
- AT&T's new 5G will be the same as its fake 5G E at launch
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?