Find yourself still relying on the good ole' AA battery for some of your gadgets? Well company "Moixa Energy" certainly know there's people out there that do, and as such have just introduced their new USBCELL, a flip-top AA battery which is able to be recharged directly from a USB port!
On the downside, it seems its currently only available for purchase in the UK at the moment, and the associated price tag of £12.99 (almost $25) is a bit of a turnoff as well.
If you're still after more info on them head over to DVHardware.
I just received this news in my inbox and I have to admit that this is a very cool invention. The new USB NiHM batteries from USBCELL will certainly be able to make our life a bit easier. These batteries can be used like a normal battery but they make recharging devices redundant because they can be recharged simply by putting into a USB port.
USBCELL released revolutionary rechargeable batteries that can charge from any USB port without the need for any recharging devices, cradles or cables. Simply pop the lid to reveal a built in connector and charger, plug into any powered USB port on your desktop, laptop, keyboard or games console, to charge the battery.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Flash: 150W USB-C power bank, powered by Tesla graphene batteries
- The creators of the lithium-ion battery awarded with Nobel Prize
- Goal Zero's new Yeti X battery: perfect for the Australian fires
- NASA reschedules first all-female spacewalk after battery failure
- NASA makes history with a successful first all-female spacewalk on ISS